- This Week
02.10.14 - 8:38 am |
The San Francisco Bay Guardian is celebrating our 25th Annual Goldies (Guardian Outstanding Local Discovery) Awards on February 21 with a late night happy hour and fundraiser following a private ceremony for our winners. Come out to support and raise money for CounterPULSE by drinking Lagunitas beer for a great cause!
ONLY $10 for UNLIMITED BEER from from 8-11pm!
Wear your finest GOLD attire! Under the Golden Gate will be shooting red carpet photos and video!
Featuring DJ Primo Pitino and DJ Wam Bam Ashleyanne.
Friday, February 21
1425 Folsom, SF
About the Goldies (Issue hits stands February 19!):
The Goldies stand for Guardian Outstanding Local Discovery awards, and it represents the Bay Guardian’s annual celebration of local musicians, filmmakers, dancers, choreographers, and theater and visual artists who have affixed their unique stamps on the Bay Area’s diverse, ever-changing arts scene.
Goldies winners produce work that stands out for being exciting, provocative, influential, inspiring, and even awe-inspiring. Goldie winners are selected by a group of Bay Guardian editors and contributors who aim to award those whose careers are still on the rise, having not yet achieved the widespread recognition we suspect they’ll soon be enjoying.
Thinking back to Goldies past, the Bay Guardian has had an incredible track record in picking those who’re destined for greatness: Craig Baldwin (film, 1991); Beth Custer (music, 1992); Barry McGee (visual arts, 1994); Charlie Hunter Trio (music, 1994); Charlie Varon (performance, 1995); Dan “The Automator” Nakamura (music, 1997); Krissy Keefer (dance, 1997); Paula Frazer (music, 1997); The Coup (music, 1998); Neurosis (music, 1999); and more.
Pick up your SF Bay Guardian Goldies Issue on Wednesday, February 19 and find out who the winners are!
CounterPULSE is a home for grassroots arts and culture in San Francisco. Located at 9th and Mission in SOMA in San Francisco, CounterPULSE is a theater, performance space, community center, gallery, and more. With roots deep in the Bay Area’s creative and provocative performance and dance scenes CounterPULSE provides space for performances, rehearsals, workshops, classes, and discussions.
As a 501(c)3 non-profi t organization CounterPULSE offers subsidized rehearsal and rental space for artists, operates a fiscal sponsorship program for local creative and socially-relevant projects, and supports the creation of new artistic work through a notable artist in residence program.
Come support local arts and drink for a good cause on Friday, February 21!
Most Commented On
- The system is not working - March 10, 2014
- These are not "confiscatory laws" - March 10, 2014
- It's hard to imagine what job this woman would have if not - March 10, 2014
- The downside of civil rights and political correctness is that - March 10, 2014
- I disagree. It's a "taking" if a government passes laws that can - March 10, 2014
- Apparently her family is already suing and so the system is - March 10, 2014
- discrimination means pretty much anything now - March 10, 2014
- It is not the government's responsibility - March 10, 2014
- Commercial & Personal Insurance are Different - March 10, 2014
- Follow up To 'One Size Won't Fit All' - March 10, 2014